Pages

March 29, 2011

Photo Class at the Zoo


Attended a pretty intense photo class yesterday.  Half the day was at the Zoo learning how to capture the right light, motion, and effect.  We basically learned all the features of our camera and how to stay out of the auto button.  I can now do some things I didn't know how to do before.  I can actually shoot what I want to shoot.  I can zoom in on a subject and make the background fade out.  It's going to take some practice, a little daily studying, and some note taking for a bit to get comfortable with the things I learned yesterday. I am pretty excited to do the practicing though.  Hope you see some improvement in the photos posted. I am especially happy with the semi truck photo I took on the way home.  The truck is in clear view while the scenery around him is in motion. I can't believe I achieved that effect on purpose. To demonstrate capturing motion and stopping motion, we all lined up in two long lines and the instructors ran up and down between us letting us know what to do before they started running.  It was a really fun day.


No comments:

Post a Comment