Pages

October 28, 2010

Creamy Leeky Potato Soup Sans Cream


Creamy Potato Soup with leeks, red onion, garlic, celery, red bell pepper, yellow and green mild chili peppers, 2 small jalapeƱos, fresh thyme, fennel, and a some freshly grated nutmeg.

I used some red potatoes from a fellow gardener and a few of the blue potatoes from my garden. Most of the vegetables except the leeks and celery, and the herbs came from our garden. I'm still working on the food we grew this year, even with the strange weather.

I quartered the potatoes and just covered them with a couple cups of vegetable broth and some water. I simmered the potatoes until they were tender then mashed them with roughly in the same water they were cooked in.

In another pan I sauteed the leeks, red onions, garlic, peppers, and fresh herbs. I added the sauteed vegetables to the potato mixture and simmered together for about 15 - 20 minutes.

House smells good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment