Pages

December 23, 2010

Forbidden Rice Tacos with Citrus Tofu


This taco recipe is also from the Vegan Dad Cookbook.  It's really called Red Rice Tacos, I had black rice in the kitchen today. It doesn't look like the recipe is posted on his blog, but he seems to have a few other taco recipes posted.

This one is made with the black, forbidden rice cooked with chili powder, paprika, oregano, salt, and a pinch of cayenne in the water.  While the rice was cooking, I sauteed tofu cubes until they were browned and the moisture evaporated.  Then I added 1/4 cup tequila and simmered until the liquid was cooked out.  Then added the juice of 1 lemon, 1 lime, and 1 orange and did the same thing, cooked until the liquid was gone. The tofu cubes were very flavorful.

Served on a whole wheat tortilla with avocado, vegan cheese, red onions, and shredded collard greens. Lots of flavors in this taco. We really enjoyed out dinner tonight. I don't think I've ever had tofu cooked this way.  I made extra rice to go with our beans this weekend.  I think I'll cook up a little more tofu this way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment