Pages

August 4, 2010

Garden Update

It seems summer is harder to take time to edit pictures and blog.  I am much busier in the summer.   I cook less, but there is work to be done to preserve all the wonderful fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs growing everywhere this time of year.  We're having some fun in our garden now.  Everything's growing strong and I am bringing home different fresh vegetables  and herbs everyday now.  If I am not in the garden, I'm in the kitchen cleaning and preparing our bounty for our own use as well as others'.

One of the great gifts of the garden is the ability to give food away daily.  Soon, there will be an abundance of tomatoes, corn, beans, and zucchini.  There is more than enough for us and I can give vegetables to my friends, coworkers, people I do business with in town, complete strangers, the Alanon clubs, and the church around the corner.  This church gives food to whomever needs it every Thursday.  I love giving them my vegetables.  There was a time when the boys were small that we were in that very line of that church on a couple Thursday mornings. 


2 comments:

  1. Your garden looked great last week...I haven't made it out there this week because of the exhaustion that has set in here. Our case is in the jury's hands now so things will settle down. I am looking forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to meet you too. I've started reading your blog too. I have some books I'd like to give you that might help your journey. And, of course some fresh vegetables.

    Let me know when you're coming out and I'll meet you out there. My garden is one of my favorite places to meet and visit friends.

    ReplyDelete