Pages

September 12, 2010

Roasted Garden Veggies

Columbia River Gorge, George, WA

We went to the Gorge this last Labor day for some sunshine, camping, wandering, and enjoying music with friends.  When we returned after not being to the garden for almost a week, we found that it had kind of exploded.  We harvested at least three carloads of veggies out of there this week.  I not only gave away lots to friends and family, our local produce stand took some too, giving me credit toward some winter veggies and fruit.  Life is good.




A portion of what I harvested yesterday became a tasty vegetable roast shortly after arriving home.


I sliced the squash, eggplant, and tomatoes to about a half inch thick. I chopped the parsley, a little fresh oregano, and the garlic. I layered it all in a glass baking dish lightly greased with some coconut oil. I added a little grated Romano cheese and some Panko bread crumbs to the top. I baked it for about 40 minutes at 375°.


Before Roasting, adding just a small amount of Romano Cheese
After Roasting.
The lemony early girl tomatoes were delightful with the roasted eggplant and fresh oregano. 

No comments:

Post a Comment