Pages

November 1, 2010

Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie with Cinnamon Coconut Creme


I used the recipe right out of the Betty Crocker cookbook I've had since I was seven. I used fresh pumpkin and substituted the dairy for non dairy products.  I used Bob's Red Mill egg replacer for the two eggs.  I have found that TB plus almost 1/2 cup water whisked together until foamy substitutes best for two eggs. I sweetened it with date sugar and a couple tablespoons of maple syrup.

For the cream on top, I used Soy creamer for the evaporated milk in the recipe.  I used the creme from the top of a can of coconut milk, a couple TB powdered sugar, a tsp vanilla, a dash of non diary milk, and cinnamon for the cream on top.  It's not as thick and custardy like I'd like it, I'll have to work on that.  Maybe I'll add some agar next time.

1 comment:

  1. That came out beautifully! I love the idea for putting cinnamon in the cream - delightful.

    ReplyDelete