Pages

February 20, 2011

Sweet Potato Quesadillas

This is another recipe from Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, Sweet Potato Quesadillas



I veganized it by using the creamy cheese sauce for the vegan mac & cheese I make instead of the Swiss cheese in the recipe. I just added some salsa to it. This time I used raw brazilnuts instead of cashews because I had some and I wanted to see if it made a difference, none that I noticed.

* 1/3 cup non-hydrogenated margarine, I use healthy balance organic
* 2 tablespoons shallots, peeled and chopped
* 1 cup red or yellow potatoes, peeled and chopped
* 1/4 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
* 1/3 cup onion, peeled and chopped
* 1 cup water
* 1/4 cup raw cashews (soak the cashews in water for about an hour)
* 2 teaspoons sea salt
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika

In a saucepan, add shallots, potatoes, carrots, onion, and water, and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are very soft.

In a blender, process the cashews, salt, garlic, 1/3 cup margarine, mustard, lemon juice, black pepper, and cayenne. Add softened vegetables and cooking water to the blender and process until perfectly smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment