Pages

March 15, 2010

Dairy Free Raspberry Ice Cream

I was fooling around with some frozen raspberries and my blender. And something nice happened.

Dairy Free Raspberry Ice Cream


1 can coconut milk
1 quart frozen raspberries (I still have some from last summer in the freezer) Set about 3/4 cup aside
1 small ripe avocado
about 1/4 cup agave syrup, you can use whatever sweetener you want; some Stevia leaves or powder, honey, maple syrup, none
about 1/4 tsp vanilla
dash salt

Blend all of the above except 3/4 cup of the raspberries in the blender until smooth. Pour it in a bowl and stir in the raspberries so there is some whole fruit in the ice cream. Put it in the freezer for awhile.

This has a nice creamy consistency, just like you want in ice cream and without the animal fat. I was just playing around because I wanted something sweet and had the raspberries in the freezer. I am sure you can use any kind of fruit or flavoring you want to.

1 comment:

  1. I knew there was room to grow...Brilliant! I'll be playing with this, myself. ;-)

    ReplyDelete