Pages

March 8, 2010

Lemony Vegetable Barley Pilaf

Another whole grain dish I tried this weekend was given to me by a friend at work. This is a very easy, light and healthy dish. It would serve as a great side dish or a full meal itself. There are eight grams of protein and fiber per serving in this dish. There aren't many ingredients and the prep time is about five minutes with about 30 minutes cooking time. I added a Portabello mushroom diced very small and used organic vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth called for in the recipe. I also added a little more lemon juice than the recipe called for. I like the lemony taste. My husband isn't too fond of asparagus, but he liked this. I took it today for lunch with some of the eggplant I prepared this weekend.


~~~~Eating Veggie is Not Boring~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment