Pages

April 11, 2010

Dairy Free Strawberry-Orange Mousse

Strawberry-Orange Mousse

This is a variation of that same avocado recipe Morgaine and I have been playing with and making frozen desserts and chocolate pudding.

I put three avocados, two bananas, a pound of fresh organic strawberries, about a half cup of vanilla almond milk, a half teaspoon of vanilla extract, and two tablespoons of honey in the food processor and blended until creamy.

Then I transferred the strawberry avocado mixture into a large bowl and stirred in sliced strawberries, and orange segments. I added about a half a cup of dissolved Agar and chilled for about 20 minutes.

This worked very well, creamy and strawberry with a slight taste of the banana and oranges. This is vegetarian because I used honey, but you can use Agave or Stevia for a Vegan dessert.

Yeah!  Pudding with no dairy, refined sugar, or animal fat.

1 comment:

  1. Honey's requested that I make this after he saw the pics. Yum!

    ReplyDelete