Pages

April 16, 2010

Yep, Life is Good!

Day 1 of vacation is going great. I feel very relaxed right now. I have about a hour of peace and moving slow until I have to finish packing and get ready for the big road trip and this evening.

Last night we had the opportunity to see Mr. Gil Scott-Heron perform his blues-ology. Blues, stories, poetry, and important messages in each tune. Went with some friends who also enjoyed it as much as we did. I couldn't be sitting between anyone more fun for this event than I was, between my husband and my friend, Rachel, who lives and breathes poetry. Her husband was enjoying himself on the right of her, I could hear him say, "Yeah!" a few times. Bill was with us too. Nice to have had music plans in mind when he came to visit. The last two times we have taken people to see musicians we liked, they didn't like it. Both of those people were much younger than us though. It was kind of like going to see your parents' music, I understood. We like older musicians in small clubs. I like to say we go see people "Who used to be someone." Most of the crowd is usually our age with lots of gray ponytails. A good time was had by all. This song is called Winter in America. I liked it very much.

He looks a little different now. He called it "in disquise."
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning I started with a deep muscle massage. Yep, life is good. Bill and I had a nice leisurely lunch downtown. Something I don't do much of during the week. I always like to enjoy home on vacation too. We went out to the garden and planted four of the artichokes. I hope it's not too early. Artichokes are pretty hearty. They should do all right.











 

Tonight we have a date to do some more relaxation therapy. We are going to do some water tank therapy in Portland. We've been reading about it and thinking of doing this for awhile. It is supposed to relieve stress in your body by being completely weightless for awhile. This relieves any exertion the body is under including gravity which allows other parts of it to have some healing time. I can use all the help I can get these days. It helps with muscular aches and pains as well as depression. Massage in the a.m. and a good meditation in the evening. We don't have far to travel and relax for the rest of the evening with some tea and love. That should get me relaxed and ready for a week of travel. I leave for Tennessee at 7:00 a.m. I am excited about my trip, but also a little nervous of the world I am about to enter for a week. It will be different, but my sister and I do have fun together. I'll try my best to keep you up on my adventures. Better get finished packing now.  Yep, Life is Good!

Peace Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment