Pages

May 1, 2010

Happy May Day


Full Flower Moon – May In most areas, flowers are abundant everywhere during this time. Thus, the name of this Moon. Other names include the Full Corn Planting Moon, or the Milk Moon.

A short meditative walk in my gardens energizes me. I get to be quiet and pray a little in the quiet beauty of the Earth. No matter what obstacles come up, I do know I am a blessed woman. The morning air, the smells,the colors, and a short conversation with God, warm my insides and give me a little peace with which to get through the day as a sober productive human being who is "part of the solution."

It's a rainy May day so far, but that can change in Washington. Either way, it's a good day for me and I love my home no matter what the weather. I'm warm, safe, and comfortable and will probably venture out into the wet for awhile and enjoy it.



I need to get some fuchsias and nasturtium starts from the farmer's market to get my deck flowers going. The hummingbirds have already been looking around for them. Pretty flower starts and baskets are my main objective at my farmer's market trip this morning. The fruits and vegetables have a few more weeks to go before they are abundant in our area. There are some farmer's who've grown some nice greens and lettuces though. They are available now.

I get to test four recipes for the The Flexitarian Cookbook throughout the weekend. Two are bean soups which are always good to make on a rainy day. There is a roasted eggplant salad recipe and Mexican spiced corn on the cob.

A little cooking, a little gardening, a little reading and a little crocheting.....and a lot of LOVE

Happy May Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment