Pages

May 22, 2010

Rainy Day with Occasional Sunshowers

It's a rainy day with occasional sunshowers.  It'll make our drive to see Marty so much more fun. We should see a few rainbows along the way.  We'll take some home with us in our cameras.  It's Saturday afternoon and already almost a full day for me.  I was up early, as usual, went to a meeting at 6:00 a.m., grabbed some inspiration, and then up to my friend's house to do some work.  I was home by noon and since I got the salad started last night it didn't take too long to finish.  Scott will be home soon and we're off to see Marty in Aberdeen.  That will take up the rest of the day.  We do make it a point to stop along the way and enjoy our surroundings for a little while.  At least it's a very beautiful drive.  I am ready though, salad is made, we have some packed and ready to eat in the woods somewhere today, and I made a pot of white beans before I went to bed last night.  Since today is pretty much taken up, I had to make sure we had out basics in the fridge before today.

Last night though, we did have to shop. Looks like there's lots of room in this refrigerator. 


Just 20 minutes in the produce section, we have meals for a week.


Didn't forget the fruit.


I am pleased at how much fruit and vegetables go through my kitchen each week.  We really have taken on some healthy habits when it comes to eating.  I don't think there are but two or three items in my refrigerator that are processed food.  The ones that are, are vegan.

I received five recipes from The Flexitarian Cookbook in my email box yesterday.  The message said "Here are some recipes to keep you busy until the book is published in August."  I think they'll keep me busy an hour or two.  I am hoping to fit a couple of them in this weekend, tomorrow.  One of the recipes has peanut butter, granola, chocolate, and coconut.  Gotta try that one. :-)  Another is made with chickpeas, sweet onions, and pomegranate seeds.  Looks fun, but pomegranates aren't in season right now so I will have to be creative.  I am going to soak some coarse chopped, dried blueberries and cranberries and soak them in a little bit of pomegranate juice.  Sounds adventurous, but I bet it will work out just fine.  I'll let you know.

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be like it is today, with a few more sun showers. I hope so.  I would like to get some more seedlings in the ground and just be outside.  We went out to take a peak in the rain last night. Things are looking beautiful.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment