Pages

May 24, 2010

Sunday Brunch - Potato Veggie Bake

I had some potatoes that needed to be used so I made a potato veggie bake. Thick sliced Red Potatoes, about five or six, sauteed slightly until both sides are golden brown with a little oil. Place in glass baking dish. Saute about half of a sliced red onion, chopped garlic clove, one half an Anaheim chili, sliced, asparagus spears in coconut oil until they are tender. I like to begin with the onions and garlic so they cook a bit longer and caramelize. I layered this mixture on top of the potatoes. I dotted the top with some goat chevre, made locally, about 2 TB. Beat about six eggs together with 1/3 of a cup of filtered water. Pour the whipped eggs on top of the vegetables and bake for about 25 minutes at 400°.

I served it with sliced avocado and some fresh sliced pears and kiwi. Brunch is so much better at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment