Pages

May 4, 2010

Living in the Moment


Keep your attention on the here-and-now.  Don't past-trip. Putting your attention in the past means that here-and-now is continuing on without you.  The more time you spend in the past, the farther and farther out of register you are.

Don't put your attention into the future, other than a reasonable amount of plans which you intend to carry out.  Putting your attention out into the future is like when a squirrel runs out on a tree limb—when he gets out on the small limb, it gets very shaky.  When you get out into the thin possibilities, it gets very unlikely and it tends to get you paranoid.

So tripping in the past gets you schizophrenic, and tripping in the future tends to get you paranoid.  Hang out in the here-and-now.  It is healing.  When you're in the here-and-now, accept it as reality.  Don't think about it or run it through your mind-filter when it's coming in. Accept it.

...this Season's People
Stephen Gaskin



As we say in my circle of friends, "acceptance is the key." If I am dwelling on yesterday or worrying and trying to predict tomorrow, I am missing life in the moment right now.  I have heard some say, "Life happened while I was making plans." If I am living in anger, fear, and resentment, I am also blocking the Sunlight of the Spirit. I should listen to some of the things I read now & then.

No comments:

Post a Comment